Mission & Goals
- FMFIndia is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the education and
- promotion of Skilled Medical Professionals in the field of Fetal Medicine.
- It aims to address problems and improve the health of pregnancies of
- Indian women across all social strata. It will do this by increasing the
- number and availability of skilled professionals (physicians,
- ultra-sonographers, and other health-care workers) to all Indian women
- Promote and deliver high quality training of diagnostic skills necessary to improve Fetal well-being to appropriate health care professionals
- Promote the development of an effective and efficient referral system to improve access to Fetal Medicine services for all Indian women
- Promote Fetal Medicine Foundation – UK standards for health care professionals in India.
- Promote Fetal Medicine Foundation – UK standard certification processes that lead to appropriate certification for diagnostic ultrasound use, within the confines of the PCPNDT Act of India
- Increase the number of FMF certified trainers in India so that every region of India has access to a Certified trainer
- Organise outreach training programmes to smaller towns in India to help improve the standard of Fetal Medicine in even the last mile.
- Promote the exchange of ideas and progress in evidence based Fetal Medicine by organising and participating in national and international meetings and by sponsoring visits by experts in this field.
- Promote the acquisition of theoretical knowledge by sharing seminal journal articles and guidelines within the Fetal Medicine community in India.
- Promote the concept of Reversal of the Pyramid of Antenatal Care
- Promote evidence based research in issues relevant to local needs in different regions in India to help continue improving the standard of care of Indian women.