Register for the Event
Please Note : Practicals closed for the April batch. Second batch will run in September end . Those who want to come for theory will now be adjusted in the September batch .
Dr Anita Kaul
HOD, Fetal Medicine, Apollo Center For Fetal Medicine, New Delhi
Dr Rachna Gupta
Consultant. Sonepat Fetal Medicine and Genetic Center, Visiting Consultant, Apollo Center For Fetal Medicine
- 8:30 am – Registration
- 09:15 – 9:30 am Welcome address
- 9:30 – 10:00 am Implementation of First Trimester Screening – Dr Anita Kaul
- 10:05 – 10:25 am Making sense of likelihood ratios In Second Trimester – Dr Rachna Gupta
- 10:30 – 10:50 am Optimal use of antenatal corticosteroids for fetal lung maturity – Dr Anita Kaul
- 10:55 -11:15 am Tea Break
- 11:15 – 11:30 am Role of Doppler in Management of Fetal Growth Restriction – with case studies – Dr Rachna Gupta
- 11:30 – 01:00 pm Live DEMO with audience Interaction
- 1:00 pm – Lunch
Dr Preeti Kakkar – Orbit Scan Centre, Patiala M:9216426800
Dr Chander Mohini, Aksh Radio Diagnostic Centre, Patiala M: 9814087891
Registration Fee: INR 1500 Limited seats available
The Anomaly scan is considered as the most important scan in pregnancy and it is medico-legally important to perform it to the best of standards, with proper documentation of images. Enhance your skills at detecting birth defects to the standards required by the Fetal Medicine Foundation UK and the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG).
The course is useful for all those who are involved in obstetric scanning.
All Faculty are accredited by FMF-UK
The FMF-UK certified course for 18-23 weeks Anomaly will satisfy the theory requirements for the Certificationand for those who are eligible for the practical exam(ie those whose images have been approved by FMF-UK )will have a chance to appear for the Practical Assessment.
- Attendance of FMF Approved Theory course (8th April 2018 or previously attended approved course )
- Online submission of a log-book of a series of images from one normal fetus to FMF-UK (it takes approximately 2 weeks for approval of images post submission to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Demonstration to a FMF approved examiner of competence in carrying out a 18-23 weeks scan and good knowledge of the diagnosis and management of a wide spectrum of fetal abnormalities
Requirements for Practical Examination:
I. Registration with PNDT appropriate authority (South East District, Saket, Delhi) at least 30 days in advance of the date of practical examination (7th April 2018).
Documents required for PNDT registration, to be submitted at Apollo Centre for Fetal Medicine, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi for getting registration for the hands-on
- Affidavit on INR 10 stamp paper attested by notary.
The affidavit format is available for download below
- Copy of qualification certificates (MBBS/MD/MS) self attested.
- Copy of DMC / MCI registration (self attested).
Registration Fees : INR 5000/-
1. Bank Transfer to A/c No: 03192560004661; HDFC Bank, South Extension Branch, New Delhi; IFSC Code: HDFC0000319
2. Post Cheque in favour of “Fetal Medicine Foundation,India” to:
Apollo Centre for Fetal Medicine,
Gate No:7, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals , Sarita Vihar, NewDelhi,110044
For Queries call Himanshi on 9560127575, 011-29873018, 26925858; Extn 3018, or write to email@example.com
Dr Rachna Gupta, General Secretary: 09899294499
Dr Akshatha Sharma, Programme Coordinator : 09891494545
Ques 1. Who all are eligible for theory?
All those who are involved in obstetric scanning.
Ques 2. Who are eligible to appear for practical examination on 7th April 2018?
Doctors whose images have been approved by FMF-UK before 21th March, 2018 and providedthe requisite documents and affidavitfor PCPNDT registration are sent beforehand to Apollo Centre for Fetal Medicine by 7th March 2018.
Ques 3. Is it a must to get registered with Delhi Medical Council?
No, any state medical council or MCI registration will suffice.
Ques 4. What if my images are not approved before practical examination?
You can appear for theory on 8th April 2018. If your images are approved by 31st July 2018 by FMF-UK, you can appear for practical examination in Sep
2018, there will be no separate registration fee for same.
Ques 5. Will there be repeat theory course in year 2018?
Ques 6. Will there be repeat theory course/ practical in the year 2019 or later?
Yes, but registration fee will be separate.
Ques 7. Will I get FMF UK Certification for Anomaly if I attend only the Theory Course?
No. FMF UK Certification for anomaly can be obtained only after you have:
1). Received approval from FMF UK for the logbook of images submitted,
2). Cleared your practical exam and
3). Attended the FMF approved Theory Course
However, you shall receive a certificate of attendance for the Theory course.
Ques 8. When can we know about our eligibility for the practical exam after submitting the documents?
All those finalized for the practical exam (subject to PCPNDT approval) will be informed about their schedule for the practical exam by 21th March,2018.