Courses & Programmes
If you need guidance and training in obtaining Certificate of Competence, please contact us.
Dr Reeta Hingrajia (DGO)
Diploma in Obstetric & Gyneac (M P Shah Medical College, Jamnagar)
Trained in Advanced fetal ultrasound at Bangalore Fetal Medicine Centre, Bangalore
Consultant at PEARL women’s hospital (Institute of Fetal Medicine,
Infertility, IVF centre, Laparoscopic surgery and high risk pregnancy care)
150 Ft. Ring Road,
Dr. Prathima Radhakrishnan
Director & Consultant in Fetal Medicine MRCOG (UK);
Dipl in Obs USS ( RCOG, UK); Diploma in Fetal Medicine (FMF, UK)
Dr Prathima is trained in Fetal Medicine from the premier centre – Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal Medicine at King’s College Hospital, London under Professor Kypros Nicolaides. She has obtained her certificates of competency in various aspects of fetal scanning and in-utero invasive procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic
Dr Prathima Radhakrishnan is the first Indian to get the Diploma in Fetal Medicine from the Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK.
She is very passionate about fetal medicine and totally committed to the cause. Her special interest is in Fetal therapy, Early diagnosis of fetal abnormalities and Pre-pregnancy counseling for fetal anomalies.
She is an FMF (UK) accredited trainer for the First trimester (NT) scan and keen participant in many conferences on the theme of Fetal medicine.
She is actively involved in training doctors in Obstetric scanning. She goes around the country doing the First trimester / NT screening workshops and has examined and certified several sonologists to perform the NT scan.
Dr Prathima Radhakrishnan has trained in Fetoscopic techniques under Professor Kypros Nicolaides at Harris Birthright Research Centre for Fetal medicine, London. This service is now offered to those pregnancies complicated by severe Twin to twin Transfusion Syndrome to do laser ablation of the anastomosing placental vessels, severe Congenital Diaphragmatic hernia and certain fetal tumors. Kindly contact her via email for further details.
Dr Sheela Gupte
I basically trained as an Obstetrician and Gynecologist, having done MBBS in 1979 & MD in 1983 from Nagpur University.
I developed a special interest in Fetal Medicine & have been running the Goa Fetal Medicine Centre at Mapusa, Goa, for more than a decade.
I have been actively training in various aspects of Fetal Medicine, for more than 15 years now. I am giving a brief list of my qualifications and trainings.
-2003 - Ian Donald Diploma in Obstetric and Gynaec Ultrasound.
-2004 - Ultrasound Detection of Birth Defects at MediscanBangalore, under the guidance of Dr. Hema Divakar.
-2005 - Fetal Echocardiography at the renowned Mediscan Chennai with Dr. S. Suresh and Dr. Indrani Suresh.
-2008 - Interventional Procedures in Fetal Medicine at the AIIMS, New Delhi, under Dr. Deepika Deka, then chairperson of FOGSI Genetic and
S-Awarded a certificate of competence in Ultrasound Examination in early pregnancy (11-14 weeks) by the FETAL MEDICINE FOUNDATION, UK, by Prof. Kypros Nicolaides, the father of fetal medicine.
I hold the appropriate licence (FMF ID 41745) for performing the Nuchal Translucency Scan for screening for chromosomal defects & my name figures on the rolls of the website www.fetalmedicine.com in the list of certified sonographers for performing this specialized scan.
I see myself as a torch-bearer in my mission to bring health and joy to all the unborn babies and their parents by pioneering efforts to bring Fetal Medicine Services to a small place like Goa.
In my spare time, I tend my garden, growing organic vegetables and fruits for my family and friends. I also enjoy jungle treks.
Dr Chinmayee Ratha
Dr. Chinmayee is the Lead Consultant Fetal Medicine and Clinical Genetics in Rainbow Fetal Medicine Centre.
She trained under Dr.Prathima Radhakrishnan in Fetal Medicine and is accredited by the Fetal Medicine Foundation (UK) for specialized fetal scans and risk assessment protocols.
She conducts regular prenatal screening clinic and performs diagnostic and therapeutic invasive procedures like amniocentesis, chorionic villus biopsy, fetal blood sampling, selective fetal reductions, intrauterine transfusions, etc.
She graduated (MBBS) from King George'S Medical College in Lucknow and obtained her MS (ObsGyn) from MLN College Allahabad and obtained membership of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology from London.
Her thesis paper on "Oxidative stress in PIH" was awarded the C.S. Dawn Gold Medal (2003) for the best research paper.
She has a brilliant academic career in which she has achieved several awards for research papers presented at scientific conferences.
She has worked previously as a Consultant in Fetal Medicine at the Apollo Centre for Fetal Medicine, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi, Specialist Registrar in ObGyn at Fernandez Hospital, Hyderabad and is currently the Lead Consultant on Fetal Medicine and Clinical Genetics at Rainbow Hospitals.
She is passionate about structured counseling for antenatally detected fetal problems and is keen on creating awareness and empathy for fetal diagnosis and therapy.
Being a futurist in her vision, she believes in the fact that Fetal Medicine linked with clinical genetics is the science of "next generation".
Dr Tulika Tayal
Dr Tulika Tayal is an Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with specialization in Fetal Medicine. She has been trained in Fetal medicine by Professor Kypros Nicolaides at world famous Fetal Medicine center in Kings college Hospital, London. During her training, she contributed in various research programmes and as a result she was awarded with Diploma in Fetal Medicine from International Society of Fetal Medicine. She returned back to India and joined as a Fetal medicine consultant at Rainbow Hospitals. Her main areas of interest are Pre-eclampsia , Multiple pregnancies and in utero-Fetal therapy. She is extremely skillful at all the Fetal interventional procedures. She has a flair for teaching and is an academician to the core.
Dr Anita Kaul
Dr. Kaul is presently working as a Sr Consultant and Coordinator Fetal Medicine and Genetic services She has about 11 years of experience in the super specialty of Fetal Medicine and was practicing as an High Risk Obstetrician for 12 years prior to this.
She trained in Fetal Medicne with Professor Kypros Nicolaides at Kings College London and returned to Delhi in 2006 to start the first specialist fetal medicne unit in North India at Apollo.This unit is now established as a referral unit for a variety of chromosomal screening tests,diagnosis and management of fetal abnormalities.It is also the first unit in North India accredited with the Fetal Medicine Foundation UK for Nuchal scanning and the combined test .She started the Fetal Surgical Therapy programme in 2011, again the first in North India and is one of the few Fetal surgeons in the country. She has instituted a Fellowship programme in collaboration with FMF-UK
Dr Rachna Gupta
MS OB-GYN, Fellowship - Fetal Medicine Foundation UK
Research Associate – AIIMS, New Delhi
Consultant and Head – Fetal Medicine Department
Maharaja Agrasen Hospital,
Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi
There are only 5 doctors in India to have Research Fellowship from Fetal Medicine Foundation-UK and Dr Gupta is one of them.
Dr Gupta did her MBBS from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi and MS (OBGY) from B J Medical College, Ahmedabad. She started her training in Fetal Medicine with Dr Anita Kaul at Apollo Centre for Fetal Medicine (2009-10). Thereafter she worked at King’s College Hospital of London – UK. She researched extensively on “First Trimester Screening for Preterm Delivery” in UK. After coming back to India, she worked at AIIMS – New Delhi for one year as a Research Associate. She has published articles in International Journals and participated in numerous national and international conferences.
Since June 2013, she is managing single handedly Fetal Medicine Department at Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, which is only hospital in north-west Delhi to provide fetal medicine services, and conforms to standards established by Fetal Medicine Foundation – UK. Dr Gupta has keen interest in academics and research, and standardization of protocols, for which she is participating actively in various programmes.
Dr Sandeep Bajaj Choudhary
Dr Sandeep Bajaj Choudhary is a certified sonographer from the FMF, UK
Presently she is running her own centre in west Delhi with a Fetal Medicine practice involving ultrasound patient counseling and invasive obstetric work like CVS and amniocentesis.
Her key areas of interest include Nuchal scans , Early fetal anomalies ,obstetric Dopplers , fetal echocardiography and invasive obstetric procedures .
She passed her MBBS and MD from Gujarat University .She has worked at the Lady Harding Medical College New Delhi and has been a consultant at Mata Chanan Devi Hospital Janak Puri.
In her pursuit to achieve excellence in the field of fetal medicine she gained valuable experience at the Fetal Medicine foundation , Harris Birthright Centre at King’s college London in 2011, under Dr Kypros Nicolaides .
She has also gained valuable experience at Apollo Hospital under Dr Anita Kaul and Fetal medicine department at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
Two other radiologists including Dr Rajeev Choudhary ,who has keen interest in the field of fetal medicine, complete the team of consultants at The centre for fetal medicine.
The centre is equipped with three GE Voluson 4D Ultrasound systems.(E-8,E-6 and 730 Pro)
Centre for fetal medicine is located conveniently in west Delhi near Janak puri west metro station
Dr,Bajaj is very passionate about teaching and FMFIndia provides the platform for sharing her experience with her colleagues .She dreams of the day when quality ultrasounds are performed in the smallest town of India to achieve the ultimate goal of improving fetomaternal health.
Age - 37YRS/MALE
D.O.B - 26 – 11 –1977
ADDRESS - KOTTUKKALHOUSE,POST MULLASSERY,
THRISSUR DISTRICT ,
QUALIFICATIONS - M.B.B.S,M.S (O&G )
|DEGREE||YEAR||UNIVERSITY||ATTEMPTS / RESULTS|
|M.B.B.S||1999||KARNATAK UNIVERSITY, DHARWAD||ONE / FIRST CLASS|
|M.S||2006||BERHAMPUR UNIVERSITY.||ONE / PASS|
- Thrissur medical college as provisional lecturer in 2006
- Lakeshore hospital and research centre in 2007
- Consultant in charge in FM unit in CIMAR edappal & cochin since 2007
- Prenatal diagnostic techniques ( Wadia Hospital , Munmbai )
- Certified First trimester scanning with Nuchal translucency ( FMF Certified )
- 3D/4D ultrasound from Mediscan , Chennai
- Trained in fetoscopy at CEMAST , Mumbai
- Faculty in INSIGHT 2009 ( APLA and LMWH )
- Faculty in Progress 2009 ( prenatal diagnostics ) 2011 ,2013 and 2015
- Guest lectures in O&G societies ( Thrissur, Kottayam, Thiruvalla ,calicut ,kollam,Pune,Perinthalmana, trivandrum, Hyderabad, manglore, trichy, chandigarh)
- Guest lecture in Radiology society, Calicut, Thrissur& Cochin
- Guest lecture in Paediatric society, Thrissur .
- Organizing secretary in Pericon 2008, 2011 & 2013 ,SFM national meet 2014
- Faculty in AKCOG for 2010 , 2011, 2012 ,2013,2014 & 2015
- Faculty in ISAR 2010
- aculty in Yuva Fogsi 2010
- Faculty at the international conference of the society of fetal medicine, India 2012 &2013
- Faculty at TOGSICON 2011 ,12,13& 14
- Faculty at ADVANCES 2012
- Faculty at CUSP 2012 &14
- Winner of kalyani Devi endowment prize 2012 for best presentation
- Invited speaker in Indian association of radiology , Kerala chapter (2012 & 2013)
- Faculty at MARC CME 2011 & 2013
- Poster presentation at FMF world congress 2013
- Faculty at FOGSI national congress 2013
- Co-author of the book “ Practical guidelines to obstetrics “
- Faculty at the RCOG world Congress 2014
- Faculty at FEMPO 2014
- Invited faculty in Burma for fetal medicine lecture
- Organizing secretary of SFM national meet Kochi)
- Published paper on early fetal echo in the journal of SFM
- Faculty at FOGSI national congress 2013
- Faculty at Fetal heart 2014
- Faculty at AICOG 2015
- Invited faculty at fetal echo CME at KDH, Mumbai 2015
- Invited faculty at sonocon 2015
- Invited faculty at asia-pacific society of fetal medicine congress , Taiwan 2015
- Faculty at PROGRESS , Myanmar Burma 2015
After working for a year or so in laparoscopy and infertility took up a special interest in fetal medicine. Currently well versed in targeted USG, fetal echocardiography, amniocentesis, CVS, fetal blood sampling, fetal blood transfusion, fetal reduction and treatment procedures like thoracocentesis, thoracoamniotic shunting & Bladder shunting.
Recently trained in fetoscopy at Mumbai CEMAST
Presently heading the fetal medicine unit in CIMAR Hospitals PVT LTD , Kerala.
Totally dedicated to the field of fetal medicine.
Spouse : Dr karthika D Kumar
Infertility specialist working in CIMAR for 5years
Dr Jyoti N Chaubal
Date of birth: 19th November 1959
Address: Nitin Niketan Uttalsar, Thane (W) Maharashtra, India 400601
MBBS: T.N.Medical College, University of Mumbai
MD(OB-GYN): T.N.Medical College, University of Mumbai
DMRE : Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai RDMS RVT ,
USA Attachment: Thane Ultrasound and Mammography
Centre Teaching experience:Lectures in Training Programme at Thane Ultrasound Centre in Color Doppler , Musculoskeletal ultrasound and Obstetrics & Gynecology
Publications : 1[Second trimester sonographic diagnosis of non-rhizomelic Chondrodysplasia Punctata Journal of Clinical Ultrasound 21(3) 2002 P.345-3492]Dance of live adult filarial worms is a reliable sign of scrotal filarial infection Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 22(8) 003 P.765-7693] Calcified Meconium – an important sign in the prenatal (sonographic ) diagnosis of cloacal malformation Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine 22(7) 2003 P.727-7304] Congenital left ventricular aneurysm: Prenatal sonographic diagnosis J Ultrasound Med 23(1) 2004 p. 125-128, 5] Sonography of the Gastrointestinal Tract J. Ultrasound Med. 2006 25(1) p. 87-97
Special interest: Women’s Health
Dr. Nitin Chaubal
Shanti Niwas, Dr. Moose Road, Thane (W), Maharashtra, 400602
- Facilities available at the centre----class room for 25 candidates
- Other teaching facilities
- LCD projector
- Facilities for live demonstration
- Scan machines – 7
- Library – No. of books – 200
- Journals –
- The Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging
Official journal of: The Indian Journal of Radiological & Imaging Association.
- Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine
Official journal of : American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology
Official journal of: the international Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ultrasound Quarterly
Official journal of: the Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound
- Study Materials – CDs, Books, Journals etc
- The Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging
- Dr. Nitin Chaubal.
MD.DMRD. FICR, FAIUM, FICMU,FSRU
- Dr. Jyoti Nitin Chaubal.
- Dr. Mohit Shahbr
DR AJIT PATIL
PRISTINE FETAL MEDICINE UNIT started its FM services way back in 2002.The centre is specialized in performing qualitative OB scans with comprehensive reporting with suggested guidelines about management of complex findings.
It offers evidence based services in –
- FTS services including NT, biochemistry and uterine Doppler
- Pre-eclampsia screening with uterine Doppler and biochemistry
- Preterm labour risk assessments
- Targeted anomaly screening
- Fetal echo
- Doppler and IUGR evaluation
This centre is also specialised in complex Interventional procedures such as EXIT for CDH, TTTS managements, IUT’s for fetal anemia
The centre has 3, quality machines from GE such as E8 , E6 and P8 apart from V5 for conventional imaging
The centre has 3 well equipped USG rooms and a specious waiting hall.
It is backed by a highly well equipped hospital and operation theatre fitted with HEPA filters for quality sterilization in view of complex fetal interventions.
There is a team of specially trained imaging specialists who look after the imaging work
- Dr Rajey Desai. FMF ID
- Dr Sachin Kulkarni
- Dr Rane
- Targeted anomaly screening
- Dr Patel
The team is ably guided by Dr Ajit Patil, who is the director and the chief Sonologist of this centre
DR AJIT PATIL
- Prof and Head, OBG , Dr D Y Patil Medical College, Kolhapur
- MBBS, 1990, Dr VMMC Solapur, MD, 1992, Dr VMMC Solapur ,DICOG,1992,
- DFICMU, Fellow of Indian College of Medical Ultrasound
- Trained in Ultrasound with Dr S Suresh, Chennai
- Holds a LIMCA record
- Loves Films and Fictions
DR NUPUR SHAH
Dr.Nupur Shah is a profound Fetal Medicine Expert with specialization in screening of trisomies ,pre eclampsia and preterm delivery, ,monitoring of Rh isoimmunied pregnancy, fetal growth restriction and high risk pregnancy. She also has extensive expertise in Genetic counseling and has performed numerous investigative procedures such as amniocentesis ,chorionic villus sampling, fetal blood sampling. She has also successfully performed Intrauterine Fetal Surgeries – therapeutic fetoscopic laser surgeries for TTTS/TRAP/sIUGR and fetal shunt placements like vesicoamniotic and thoracoamniotic shunts. She can diagnose fetal anomalies with the use of 3D and 4D scans.
Dr. Karuna Mandal Yadav
Consultant, Maternal Fetal Medicine at Orchid Women’s Hospital And Fetal Medicine Centre, Jaipur
- Pioneer of Fetal Medicine in Rajasthan.
- First Consultant in Rajasthan doing Fetal blood transfusions and has done > 60 I/U BTs in last 4 years at her jaipur centre.
- She has performed over 1000 Invasive procedures like Chorion Villi Sampling, Amniocentesis, Amnioinfusion, Cordocentesis, Fetal Blood Transfusions, Fetal reduction, Thoracocentesis.
- She has been invited as faculty at different CMEs and Workshops, state and national conferences.
- She has been at the forefront of organising numerous academic initiatives like workshops on different Fetal Medicine Topics at the State and National Conferences.
- Dr. Yadav has keen interest in academics and research, and standardization of protocols, for which she is participating actively in various programmes.
- She has done her MBBS and MS in obstetrics and gynaecology from BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad. She is certified by Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK for First trimester Scan (NT, DV Flow, Tricuspid Regurgitation, PIH risk Prediction).
- She has been trained for Medical Genetics and Genetic Counselling at SGPGI, Lucknow. She has expertise in Prognostication of early pregnancy, Aneuploidy screening, Anomaly Scan/ Genetic Sonogram, Fetal Echo (1st trimester and 2nd trimester), Fetal doppler study, Antenatal Surveillance, Virtual Fetoscopy.